Monday, October 31, 2011

In layman's terms

One of the strategies I'm leaving a lot to calm me down, is mindfulness. Basically it is a moment or two to fully aware of your surroundings in a non-judgmental. Yes, it seems so elementary to eighth attention to your surroundings. Have you tried it? It is much harder than it looks on paper. Here are some examples of how it goes and if it is great to use.

Example 1: After a long day

They had a terrible day at work, and you're exhausted. When you get home, the family is there to greet him with their demands on their time and attention, at least. You sit at last, but with a quiet time for yourself is almost impossible today. Children play, the TV is turned on, and the courts need to be made. The list of chores for the night never seems to be ending!

Now describe the four senses of what their environment looks like. I personally like to do it out loud, because it was my brain can not even talk to me. What do you see? Children? Yes, but go even further: the children play together cars. The TV? Again go further: the TV is in a commercial for hair color (or whatever the case). Note the curtains on the wall so that it always was. You do not judge a mental list of how much the color of the walls of hate and want change. Okay, now - what do you smell? Dinner? What about food? Maybe garlic and browning the meat. What do you hear? The meat sizzling in the pan, laughing children, than their toy cars collide, the hum of the heater? Ok, now I feel. The chair pressing on his back, the hair on your face, your clothes resting on the skin. They are tight or itchy?

Example 2: Trouble sleeping

This is when I use the most attention!

They had a shower, the kids are in bed, the tasks are done, and finally collapse in bed. The exhaustion is overwhelming, but if you close your eyes, you can not sleep. Write down your thoughts is useless on a notepad next to the bed if you can not even keep up with them. Your brain has trouble processing and completing the day's events.

Again what you see? If you do this with your eyes closed this time, it may be a better idea, because the goal is to go to sleep. However, you see darkness. What do you smell? The freshness of the leaves, the dog in bed beside you? What do you hear? The hum of the fan, the dripping of a faucet is snoring, the dog? Well, what do you feel? The leaves are smooth on the skin, the dog began breathing on his arm, his head on the pillow?

It may sound simple, but implementation in practice is sometimes difficult. However, this is one of the best methods I have found to help me see the world around me. It also helps to calm me down when things get on my last nerve, or above, if I can not sleep. It's really one of the best ideas for a lot with my spoon skin, especially on your fear. The more details you can incorporate into your senses, the better. It is easier the more you use it. I hope that gives you insight and will be useful for you because of me!